Advanced Holdem Tips – The Fastest Way to Calculate River Odds

It’s common for Texas Holdem Poker players to struggle with calculating odds and outs. These advanced Holdem tips are going to explain how to do this.

Texas Holdem is practically maths. Bottom line. No matter how you look at it, card games, blackjack, roulette, whatever is all probability, which is maths. You need to be above and beyond in this area if you truly want to success in Holdem. That’s why these advanced Holdem tips are going to be gold for you.

I know the fastest possible way to calculate your odds for the river. So say you’re on the turn and want to know your real odds of getting the card you need to win the pot. This little trick is going to give you that in a second. I use it all the time to know whether or not I should check/call/raise or fold.

Advanced Holdem Tips: Multiplying By 2

You should use this method to determine your odds (probability) of getting the cards you need to win. This works when you are on the turn, waiting for the river.

Step 1 – Add up all your outs. Outs are 홀덤사이트 the cards you need to win the game.

I.e. Suppose you have J-T offsuit. The flop comes A-J-8. You have a pair. The turn comes, its a 9.

Your outs are: the two jacks, the three tens, the four queens and the four sevens. Because any of these cards will increase your hand to be the best possible hand you could have.

So you have a total of thirteen outs.

Step 2 – Multiply your number of outs by 2.

So 13×2 = 26.

This means you have an approximate 26% chance that you will make your best hand on the river. And a 74% chance you won’t get anything and will be stuck with a pair of jacks. This works for practically any amount of outs and is correct within a few percent. The real percentage in this case is 29.5%

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *